Training through Daviess Martin Special Education Cooperative
DMSEC employees partake in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Non-violent Crisis Intervention® training.
What is Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Non-violent Crisis Intervention® Training?
- visit http:www.crisisprevention.com to learn more
- CPI is considered to be the “evidence-based” worldwide standard for the safe management of out-of-control behavior that harms self or others.
- Tens of thousands of professionals have used CPI’s training resources in order to make working environments safer for staff and those in their care.
Non-violent Crisis Intervention® Training Program Description
The Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® training program is a safe, nonharmful behavior management system designed to help human service professionals provide for the best possible Care, Welfare, Safety and Security(SM) of disruptive, assaultive and out-of-control individuals – even during their most violent moments.
Non-violent Crisis Intervention® Training Program Objectives
- Training staff with the techniques effective in approaching and reducing the tension of an agitated person.
- Focusing on the alternatives if a person loses control and becomes violent.
- Instructing staff members in techniques to control their own anxieties during interventions and maintain the best possible professional attitude.
- Providing nonverbal, paraverbal, verbal and physical intervention skills to allow staff to maintain the best possible care and welfare, as well as safety and security, for all involved-even during their most violent moments.
Certified Instructor for DMSEC
Sue Clifton- 812-254-3860